What is ipl?
The IPL is "Intense Pulse Light," used to heat up the darkened areas of the skin, damaging the target. The damaged melanin is lifted to the surface of the skin, where it sloughs off, revealing fresh skin beneath.
What Skin types can be treated with this device?
Fitzpatricks Skin Types 1-4
What is the downtime?
The client will experience the area with pigment damage turning 2-3 shades darker, after which it will slough off within 2-3 weeks depending on skin type. If client also has redness, the IPL will coagulate the blood which will reabsorb into the body within 4-6 weeks.
Is there any prep instructions prior to receiving treatment?
- No major sun for 4-6 weeks to 3 months (depending on skin type)
- Discontinue Antibiotics 7-14 days prior to treatment
- Discontinue Any Retinols, Active Acids such as Salicylic Acid, Glycolic, Hydroquinone, etc. 1-2 weeks prior to treatment
- Discontinue Accutane 3-6 months prior to treatment
- Discontinue Injectable Fillers 4 weeks prior to treatment and Botox 1-7 days prior to treatment